Join Jennifer L. Jacoby for our second Book Discussion Salon. Anam Cara by John O’Donohue will be our focus. Give it a read, then come and share your vision of a soul friend.
Discover the Celtic Circle of Belonging.
John O’Donohue, poet, philosopher, and scholar, guides you through the spiritual landscape of the Irish imagination. In Anam Cara, Gaelic for “soul friend,” the ancient teachings, stories, and blessings of Celtic wisdom provide such profound insights on the universal themes of friendship, solitude, love, and death as:
– Light is generous
– The human heart is never completely born
– Love as ancient recognition
– The body is the angel of the soul
– Solitude is luminous
– Beauty likes neglected places
– The passionate heart never ages
– To benatural is to be holy
– Silence is the sister of the divine
– Death as an invitation to freedom
Book Discussion Salon: Anam Cara by John O’donahue
October 20, 2016
The Grand House
2120 S. Grand Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63104
$10.00 per person
Advance registration is required.